Thursday, May 1, 2008

Copyright

The idea of copyright seems to be slightly fading away when it comes to the technology we use today. For me personally i sort of forgot about it when it comes to downloading and things. I have always thought of it in terms of books and articles not really music and movies. I am quite a large downloader and simply because it is that much easier. The songs i download are usually ones that you cant find singles of in stores and in Itunes. In "Good copy, Bad copy" where one of the guys is mixing the songs of other artists it shows that you cant purchase that type of music only get it on pirate bay and other file sharing programs. I am a big fan of mixes of popular songs so purchasing them just isnt even possible for me so by downloading i get the music i want that everybody else doesnt have and for free!

I know there are harsh punishments for downloading but i guess i just know that a heck of alot of other people are doing it and it has become sort  of acceptable within younger cultures today that i just assume that there could never be any action taken against me .

i try to steer clear from downloading to much NZ music as i do think it is better to support them more so then massive artists overseas so maybe thats enough of an effort from me....

Did everyone else enjoy the doco we had to watch? i have it on my laptop and have watched it twice, i think its really interesting and does make me abit more aware of copyright, i also went onto pirate bay to see if they were back up and running and yes they were :)

No comments: